Thursday, November 26, 2009

Clear Springs Restaurant


DSC_7838, originally uploaded by treylawyer.
Restaurants are often a hit or miss. Some are average, some are good and then there are the great ones! I am not a huge fan of the "Chain Restaurants" and would rather dine in a hole in the wall any day of the week. That is just me! To each their own!  Reputation is another very important factor in the restaurant business and can make or break the success of an establishment.

Clear Springs Restaurant is located in New Braunfels, Texas on Highway 46 a few miles East of I-35.  While Clear Springs has a few different locations, I do not consider it a "Chain Restaurant" because there are only five total locations.

DSC_7826

We were down south to watch the Texas State Volleyball tournament and my wife recommended we go to Clear Springs.  She had visited the restaurant earlier in the year while she was at coaching school in Austin.  I knew it had to be great, because most people will not make a 45 mile drive just to eat.  We lucked out this trip, because our hotel was less than three miles away from the restaurant.

We started out with the Texas Size World Famous Onion Rings.  These were by far the best onion rings I have ever eaten and there was enough for a party of 8 1/2 and we did not eat them all.  Mostly everyone at the table had the catfish, including myself and again, this was the best catfish I have ever eaten.  It was not too fishy, I used some lemon, but not near as much as I usually do.  One person at the table had the Chicken Fried Chicken and spoke highly of the taste.

The service was decent, but could improve.  No major problems, but the young staff got a little confused when we all needed to split the tickets.  The character, food quality and environment did enough to make up for the the less than perfect service.

DSC_7825

















If you are within 50 miles of Clear Springs Restaurant, I would recommend taking the drive and having an outstanding meal.

My Rating!

Food -5 Stars
Environment - 5 Stars
Service - 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment