Friday, November 27, 2009

German Delight


DSC_7846, originally uploaded by treylawyer.
One of my weaknesses in life happens to be food. I am a huge fan of German food, but unfortunately I don't often get the chance to have a good German dinner.

Recently, my wife and I were staying in New Braunfels and had the opportunity to eat at the famous German Restaurant, Oma's Haus! This was my first visit and I was so impressed with the food that I can't wait for our next trip south.

In my opinion, the best way to go is the combination dinners.  If you go this way the meal is more reasonable, plus you get a chance to taste a few different items on the menu. We started out with the Bratwurst and Knockwurst.  If you love sausage products this is a must have appetizer.  Normally bratwurst is a little strong for me, but Oma's bratwurst is very smooth.   The knockwurst was great as well and had a wonderful taste. The Potato Pancakes were also very good.  Our friends ordered the pancakes and offered us a few bites and I had to try it because I love potatoes.

The main entree was outstanding.  I had the Weiner Schnitzel and my wife had the Niersteiner Schnitzel, both were remarkable.  We also had mashed potatoes and sauerkraut for our side dishes.  This was the best German meal I have had in a long while. There was not one bad dish and I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

The atmosphere was enjoyable, the wait staff was friendly and the food was outstanding.  Oma's Haus is a great restaurant for the entire family and I personally can't wait to get back to New Braunfels. 


No comments:

Post a Comment