Sunday, August 30, 2009

Brewer Invitational Volleyball Tournament


DSC_2528, originally uploaded by treylawyer.

I love photography, especially sports photography that includes any of my family members. So today, me, Gerri and Ben went to Brewer High School in White Settlement to watch our niece play volleyball and to support Peaster Athletics (where my wife coaches). It was an amazing couple of hours of volleyball and I loved every minute.

DSC_2517

Peaster takes their volleyball serious and they do not like to lose. Today they showed how good they are by beating two 5a schools to win the tournament. I find it amazing how a small 2a school can come into a tournament and beat schools that are so much larger. The larger schools have more athletes to choose from and in theory should be able to dominate any smaller school. I guess it just goes to show there is always a chance for the underdog and on this day the underdog prevailed.

If Brewer's plan was to invite teams they thought they could beat, then they did not do their homework on Peaster. Peaster has the talent, the drive and the disciple to beat any team. So let's get ready for some great high school sports in 2009-2010.

And if you plan to have a tournament, make sure you do your research on the teams your inviting; so you don't get embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment