Friday, August 21, 2009

Around Weatherford - Old Texas Junk Yard


DSC_2159, originally uploaded by treylawyer.

Auto Savage Yards or as most people call them, "Junk Yards" are very popular in the south. I am not sure how long Texas Auto Savage has been in business, but they do have a great collection of junk cars, trucks, and buses. I love how the phone number does not include the area code. This is a sign that "Texas Auto Savage" has been here a while.

I drive past this junk yard on a regular basis and have never thought about stopping and taking a picture until last week. As I was driving past this antique junk yard my wife said "you should take a picture of the junk yard and some of the other tradition sites around town." So here we are, the first addition to my next photography project.

I just want to thank my wife for being my inspiration. She helps guide me into the right direction and gives me great ideas for my photography. My love will always be sports and event photography, but I have plenty of room on my card for special projects like this one.

DSC_2158

No comments:

Post a Comment