Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Old Motel Entrance - Day 2 Part 2

Part 2 of my Saturday "Around Weatheford" project landed me at the entrance of the old Coronodo Motel on the East Side of town. I planned to get there at this time of day so I could catch a great sunset and sure enough, it turned out perfect. The old motel does not exists anymore but for some reason the signs and cactus were never taken down. The Cactus is very popular and is used a lot by local photographers. A number of times I have driven by and caught a glimpse of a bride to be in her wedding dress posing in front of this old cactus.

Taking pictures of these historical sites around town gets me thinking about how we have changed so much over the years. We use to have such simple lives with less technology and more family interaction. Now everything is driven by technology and don't get me wrong, I love technology, but at some point enough is enough. Just think about your checklist before you leave home. Everyday I must not leave home without the following items or my day will be shot.

  1. Keys with remote control alarm and automatic locking system.
  2. Cell Phone (Windows Mobile) - Has everything I need and since I have everything in the phone I no longer memorize numbers and appointments, so I am screwed if I lose this device.
  3. Ear Piece for phone. It is just easier to have the hands-free device.
  4. Camera - I never leave home without a camera. I love photography, it is my part time job so you never know when you are going to need it.
  5. MP3 Player - Don't have an iPhone yet and not sure how the mp3 player works on the windows mobile phone.
  6. GPS - Never know when you need to plug in a address and pick up something for your wife like sample shoes for the volleyball team.
  7. A bag to carry all of my electronic devices.

And I wonder why I can't find my keys half the time!

In the old days when you went to a motel you probably had to pay more for the tv in the room. Now almost all rooms have a TV that has the built in video game system so your kids won't get bored talking with their family and for the adults there is an option to rent movies that are not appropriate for anyone. Don''t forget that all rooms have to have a WiFi connection or at the least a wired connection to the internet.

We have come a long ways with technology and for the most part I think it has helped us, but it would be nice to go to a place one day that offers just a Color T.V. like the Old Coronado Motel did years ago.

Weatherford, Texas - Old Coronado Motel

No comments:

Post a Comment